- This Task requires authentication.Sign-in Required
- This Task has been designed for use by all roles. For all roles
The Pitt IT Virtual Lab enables you to access much of the same lab software and resources that you use while sitting in a Pitt IT Student Computing Lab on campus. The convenience of the Virtual Lab is that you can access it from any location, using almost any computer or mobile device, at any time of day. It's your personal 24/7, on-the-go lab.
Benefits of the Virtual Lab
- Connect from a web browser or app on nearly any Windows, MacOS, Android or iOS device
- Access the most popular lab software, without having to load it on your devices
- Secure your work with cloud-based services and storage behind Pitt Passport sign-on and Duo multifactor authentication
- Work online, with no need to use PittNet VPN
Use the Web Client
Note: The web client requires HTML 5. The latest version of most browsers supports HTML 5.
- Navigate to https://rdweb.wvd.microsoft.com/arm/webclient.
- Enter your University email address. You are redirected to the Pitt Passport login screen.
- Log in using your University Computing Account username and password.
- Double click Virtual Labs under the heading Pitt IT – Virtual Labs.
- Enter your University Computing Account username and password to complete the login process.
Important: You will be saving your files to your OneDrive account. You cannot save files to your local computer or device when using the web interface.
Use the Remote Desktop Client
Download the Client
Following are general steps for downloading the client:
- Navigate to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-desktop.
- From the Connect to Windows Virtual Desktop section, click on the link for the type of device you are using.
- Follow the directions on the page to install the client and connect to the Virtual Lab.
- If you are asked to subscribe to a feed, enter https://rdweb.wvd.microsoft.com/api/arm/feeddiscovery as the Feed URL.