With the University’s transition to remote operations, Pitt Information Technology is pleased to offer Virtual Walk-In Support. From setting up a new computer or tablet with Pitt resources, to trouble-shooting a thorny issue, get the same familiar service—via Zoom—that students, faculty, and staff are accustomed to at the Walk-In Support Desks on campus.
Zoom Over to the Virtual Walk-In Support Desk
Simply grant a Technical Consultant remote control of your computer to get started:
- Go to pi.tt/virtualsupport
- You will enter the Zoom waiting room, where a consultant will assess your needs
- You will be placed into a Zoom breakout room with a consultant
- Discuss your issue live and share your screen. If desired, grant remote access of your device so the Consultant can make changes to your system
- Please stay connected and available throughout the virtual consultation in order to answer questions or enter your login credentials.
Get Help With Your Software and System Needs
The Virtual Walk-In Support Desk provides help with all the same issues as the physical locations, including:
- Connecting to Wi-Fi, configuring a phone or tablet to receive Pitt email, connecting to Pitt services, or changing passwords
- Students can get help with virus removal, installing or repairing software (including Microsoft Office), and fixing operating systems
- Receive advice and recommendations about purchasing software or hardware for use at Pitt
- Note: hardware repair is not available
Visit the Virtual Walk-In Support Desk
You can visit the Virtual Walk-In Support Desk throughout the University’s remote operations and when we return to campus.
Just connect during normal operating hours:
- Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–6 p.m.
- Saturday, 8 a.m.–4 p.m.