- This Task requires authentication.Sign-in Required
- This Task has been designed for use by Faculty, Staff. For Faculty, Staff
In 2018, after a comprehensive shared governance and stakeholder engagement process, the University of Pittsburgh updated its policy on Conflict of Interest for Research. This update addresses current federal guidance and provides a simple yet comprehensive framework for the University to identify and manage potential conflicts.
To simplify and modernize reporting and review of disclosures, Pitt and UPMC have now worked together to develop an online joint disclosure system called MyDisclosures. This system will launch on a pilot basis this term.
MyDisclosures is a seamless, easy-to-use platform that conforms with Pitt’s Conflict of Interest Policy for Research, federal funding requirements, UPMC policies (for UPMC disclosers), and other Pitt conflict of interest policies. The platform was developed with guidance and input from an Advisory Committee on Conflict of Interest Disclosure including colleagues from UPMC and has undergone extensive testing by faculty and staff. Some of the features cited as most helpful include:
- Paperless: This paperless system automatically routes to supervisors.
- Customized Questions: Only asks questions relevant to individual roles and responsibilities.
- Integrated System: Full integration between Pitt and UPMC disclosures, providing “one-stop entry.”
- Improved Help Facilities: Informational boxes explain terms and offer examples of what does – and does not - need disclosure. A Help Desk will be available and online FAQs cover many common topics, including who should complete the form.
Disclosers and supervisors can learn the basics of MyDisclosures by viewing this presentation.
NOTE: University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown (UPJ) personnel must continue to use the legacy COI Superform system to file their disclosures unless otherwise directed by a supervisor. UPJ is not participating in the 2020 MyDisclosures pilot.